When you are home and a drummer, sometimes it’s hard to get in playing songs as you risk not only disturbing your family, but others around you as well. Well, now you don’t have to worry about the noise you make in the songs that you play. It’s time to turn up that music in Virtual Reality and get ready to hit those drums like the animal drummer you were always meant to be.
- Explore your percussion skills freely in a flexible and responsive VR environment.
- Record your songs and share them with others in the Paradiddle community.
- Play different types of percussion instruments without worrying about making noise, having a dedicated space for them, or buying them.
- The current list of playable drums is hi-hat, bass drum, snare, 3 types of toms, 2 types of crash cymbals, and 2 types of ride cymbals.
- Realistic and responsive sound system, powered by FMOD.
- Create and customize your own drum kit.
- Record and share the songs you’ve played with others in the Paradiddle community.
- MIDI input/output support. MIDI devices (such as electronic drum pedals) can be integrated into Paradiddle to trigger any drums within the environment. Likewise, Paradiddle can also send MIDI output, which means you can use the app to trigger your own samples in your favorite digital audio workstation. This transforms Paradiddle into an extremely powerful audio creation tool.
- Peripheral integration. In addition to MIDI devices, any peripheral that can emulate keyboard input (such as USB pedals) can be used in Paradiddle as a way to trigger the kick drum or control the hi-hat.
- Customizable controls. Remap your VR controller buttons to different actions such as opening/closing the hi-hat or triggering the kick.
- ASIO Support. Audio enthusiasts that want maximum customization of their audio settings can switch their output device to ASIO. By default, the app uses WASAPI, and a lot of time was spent to ensure that the latency was kept to a minimum with the default settings.
- Customizable drum sound options. You can customize the settings of individual drums, such as their pitch and max volume. These settings will expand in the future to give users greater control over the sound that comes out of their drums.
- Ability to load and playback audio files from your system as you play on your drums.
What songs will you create? What will you share? Are you ready to make that beat? Find out with Paradiddle out now on Steam.
Until then…please enjoy…