The Tribeca Film Fest that was supposed to happen to make its run from April 15 – April 26 in New York City as well in New Jersey, has been postponed. What was supposed to be a gathering of independent films from documentaries to narrative features to discussion panels as well as music and entertainment, has been postponed due to the Coronavirus. But in the spirit of what the annual springtime Tribeca Film Fest stands for, they decided to keep the spirit alive all while practicing social distancing with Tribeca Together, Apart and they are doing it by bringing it to your home with the Oculus Go and Oculus Quest.
There will be a total of 15 films to experience:
- 1st Step – Follow the Apollo missions from launch to the return.
- Dear Lizzy – A long lost letter and a long road of beauty to be seen. What could Lizzy be searching for?
- Forgotten Kiss – A royal prince who is kissed by a magic Fairy of the Spring Night.
- Rain Fruits – Coming from Korea, Myanmar wants nothing more to become a trained engineer. Sometimes your dreams is where your home is.
- A Safe Guide to Dying – When Luis wants to find different to die within a video game simulation, what will happen when there is no escape? Will there be a connection between him and his online version?
- Black Bag – When an ex-military individual leads a normal life working for a bank and dreams about a big heist, what happens when that dream becomes reality?
- The Pantheon of Queer Mythology – Get ready to enter through the window into the world of a collective of Deities start to question love in complex times.
- Saturnism – What happens when you step inside the darkest paintings in history?
- Ferenj: A Graphic Memoir In VR – Experience a visual dialogue between the memory, reality, and digital in this memoir about Ethiopian-American mixed identity.
- Inhabited House – What happens when you mix footage of a house of your loved ones with actual home movies and try to bring the past to life?
- Home – When a loved one can no longer move or react and family surrounds you, how will you prepare for the end?
- Lutaw – When areas of the Phillippines you have to swim to get to the nearest school, how will Geramy find a better way to commute?
- Attack on Daddy – When a tired father who starts to get annoyed by his daughters cry for attention wakes up to find her missing, what mystery lies in the dollhouse?
- Tale of the Tibetan Nomad – What would you do if being a newlywed Nomad wake up to find your new wife missing? Are you prepared for a life that you never dreamed of?
- Upstander – What do you do as a bystander who is witnessing bullying?