As we inch closer to Halloween in 2020 that will, in fact, be a full moon, there are somethings we are ready for and something we tricked ourselves into thinking we might be ready for. But when if you thought this travel on a starship was going to be a piece of candy that you get to put into your trick or treat bag only to eat it later, this is not that candy and it will not let you forget. When your starship is overrun with horrific and the crew is mutated into horrific and murderous aberrations what will you do? Will you take your fate or rewrite your destiny and repair the systems to prevent a titanic of a ship torn apart in space.
- Live, Die, reset – A doomed fate is surely imminent as a vast array of cloned monstrosities continuously repopulate the doomed starship to seek the player’s end. If any encounter with these foes proves fatal, Zimri’s consciousness is uploaded into a new host body, ready for another chance.
- Fluctuating landscape – A major malfunction to the self-configuring macrostructure will alter the starship’s layout each time a new cloned body is awakened or teleported between decks.
- Genetic reconfiguration –26th century technologies allows for genetic augmentation and manipulation of dark matter technology. Acquire unique abilities by resequencing Zimri’s DNA to improve health, toughness, and defensive abilities. Harvest crewmember DNA and create clone bodies with their own unique abilities.
- Navigate, escape, fight, and gather resources – One false move can result in an untimely death. Use the environment to sneak, hide, and attack to gain the upper hand on the mutated clones. Resource gathering and weapon/suit customizations are key in order to survive.
- Asymmetric Multiplayer – Up to two players can connect a phone or tablet running iOS or Android to the game. Players can take control of ‘Solex’ to interact with the ship’s engineering systems in real time.
- Optimized for both non-VR and VR platforms – From PC to PSVR to consoles.
So what will happen when the horror changes on you? Will your friends help or turn on you? Will you survive? Find out now as The Persistence is available digitally on Steam and the PlayStation Store and is available today in the physical edition that includes the official game soundtrack and exclusive digital artbook at Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, and the Perp Games Store.
In case you missed the trailer, please enjoy…