When ForeVR Pool was released, one of the things I said in the review is that I wish there were additional modes such as 9-Ball. Well, the Pool Gods at ForeVR Games heard the cries and have bestowed upon us its newest 1.3 update that not only gives us 9-Ball but also receives some additional improvements. In this update, we get the following:
- 9 Ball – This new game mode can be chosen once you enter the hall. The mode is played with balls one through nine and the object of the game is to pocket the 9-ball. Players can pocket all of the balls in any order as long as the lowest-numbered ball on the table is contacted first by the cue ball
- Daily Spinner – Players will now see a colorful wheel to the right of the main menu. Spin this daily for coins! You can spin the wheel by tapping the center or by selecting it with the blue pointer beam
- Practice Mode – Players will now be able to practice while waiting for a match to be found! After selecting Quick Match you will be asked if you want to practice while you wait. Once a match is found it will notify you! During Practice Mode you can now select 8 or 9 Ball
- Rules Button – A new “Rules” option has been added to the Pause menu. Check it out for a refresher on the rules of 8 or 9 Ball! We follow the official UPA rules, so sometimes this might differ from what you’ve played in the past
- Rerack Option – Players can now rerack their balls in single-player or multiplayer
- Help Button – Players can now submit a request from within the game! If you ever have a question you can now pause the game using the left “hamburger” button (3 lines on the left controller), select “Help”, write in your email address, select a topic, and then our support team will respond within 24-48 hours
- Help Button – Players can now submit a request from within the game! If you ever have a question you can now pause the game using the left “hamburger” button (3 lines on the left controller), select “Help”, write in your email address, select a topic, and then our support team will respond within 24-48 hours!
So are you ready to rack it up? What is the amount of coins you will receive daily? Can you rule the 9-ball game? Find out with the 9-Ball update for ForeVR Pool out now for Quest 2/Pro on the Oculus Store.
Until then…please enjoy…