For those that have not entered into the Barclay Mansion to try to unravel the mystery of one Ed Miller as well as the secrets that wait to be discovered inside, you should not wait another moment and for those that have, you may just want to head back inside the mansion. Wraith: The Oblivion – Afterlife just released on Steam and with that comes some new content as well as some fixes for both Oculus and Steam that include the following:
- 10 new collectibles have been added, giving additional context to some of the characters and the story.
- Added Addendum as a new achievement for finding all new collectibles
- Fixed issue where the doors wouldn’t lock if the Player dies after entering the West Wing corridor for the first time in Chapter 7
- Fixed issue where players that have placed the gas key in Chapter 7 and then left before placing the contract can’t get the contract on return
- Game completion rate now displayed when finishing the game
- All languages now display correctly in the language selection menu
- The lighting issue in one of the Guest House bathroom fixed
- Fixed several issues with the valve handle in the wine cellar related to loading//going to the Memory Palace
- Fixed bugs that caused inconsistencies when using or adding the valve to the wall a second time, after coming back from Memory Palace
- Wraithgrasp tutorial voice-over in Wine Cellar was missing the second half of its subtitles
- Alan’s scripts can now be correctly viewed in Memory Palace after having been placed on the table in the Pool House
- Moved a glass bottle slightly to avoid it breaking when trying to use Grab on it
- Adjusted triggers for a Chapter 7 event, so that the event and objectives triggers in the right order and at the right time
- Fixed an issue that could disable Sharpened Senses after dying while using it
- Fixed an issue so the dark fog of the BW encounter doesn’t appear after the encounter has finished
- Fixed so that the right Sharpened Senses target is activated when NOT picking up the time storm compass, save/quit, and then load again
- Fixed so that the Chapter 1 Hanged Man music doesn’t linger for various reasons anymore
- Making sure collectibles stop resetting outside of the streamed-in area
- Fixed so that the Shadow is not shown in the wrong place when loading a save game during Chapter 1 in the Seance Room
- Shortened the time before memory palace tutorial appears, to make it easier for players to see it
- PCVR Only: Added tab in Settings menu for Video Quality
- Reduced the risk of Spectres getting stuck in a walk-through-door animation loop
- Spectres align better when they want to interact with something in the world
- Spectres now win over Players when having a tug-of-war for door handles, which was always the intention.
- Fixed issue with Spectres’ peripheral vision, where they sometimes spotted the player when they shouldn’t or vice versa.
- The branches in the Garden did not provide enough cover for the Player. This is now fixed.
- Spectres could continue rotating towards the Player while they’re Stunned. They shouldn’t do this, and won’t anymore.
- Fixed issue where navmesh would be generated in locations it wasn’t supposed to, and the created problems for the AI
The Wall Street Wiz Kid:
- Fixed issue where Wall Street Wiz Kid would sometimes move sideways through doors
- Decreased chance of Wall Street Wiz Kid opening the closet where the player is hiding unless he knows the player is there
- Fixed so that Wall Street Wiz Kid properly plays the correct animation when stunned
- Fixed several issues with Wall Street Wiz Kid in the chapter 6 encounter
- Fixed issue where Wall Street Wiz Kid would sometimes spawn/unspawn in front of the player
The Sad Cinematographer:
- Fixed issue where the Sad Cinematographer would sometimes take a long walk around the garden gazebo
- Fixed issue where the Sad Cinematographer would sometimes unlock doors she wasn’t supposed to
That is some dedication and hard work and shows how well Fast Travel Games not only believes in their games, but wants to make sure you the player has the best experience possible.
Wraith: The Oblivion – Afterlife is out now on for the Oculus Quest/Quest 2 and the Oculus Rift/Rift S on the Oculus Store and you can get a 10% discount on Steam until May 31, 2021. The game will also be coming to PlayStation VR in the future.
In case you missed the trailer, please enjoy…