Back in 2021, many of us got to meet Captain Toonhead and the tower defense adventure as the captain took on the punks from outer space, call Captain Toonhead vs the Punks from Outer Space. Well now, it looks like the adventure is continuing with the new Survival Mode update, and by the looks of it, could be something daily to try your luck on.
- Gameplay: In each match of this new mode, players start with a basic weapon layout and earn a score by taking actions, with combos and multipliers encouraged. Losing all EnerCubes ends the match while winning allows access to a rest area for purchasing upgrades. Levels become increasingly challenging with procedurally generated maps that become bigger as you progress, and players can earn visual customization items based on their score.
- Online Leaderboards: The Survival Mode will implement an online leaderboard where you can compete against your friends or the entire world for the highest score. From the first time you submit a score, you will be shown your ranking spot in the whole leaderboard.
- Following up on the story: After the WTF squad is destroyed, Elliott Salazar, the cartoon-obsessed technician, must save Earth with Captain ToonHead. Control towers with unique abilities like hot sauce beams, fireworks, snowball guns, electrified pizza rays, and piñata blitzes. A strategic combination of towers and chancla throws is essential to defeat enemies and save EnerCubes from the EarthRadicator-1000!
- Roguelike mechanics
- Daily changing procedurally generated maps
- Unique waves and sectors that provide new and increasing challenges
- Additional enemy variants not found in the main campaign
Are you ready for the challenges? Can you succeed with the daily changing procedurally generated maps? Can you handle the wave of enemies? Find out with the free Survival Mode expansion of Captain Toonhead vs the Punks from Outer Space out now for Quest/22/Pro on the Oculus Store and Steam VR.
Until then…please enjoy…