When Eye of the Temple was announced it showed us what Indiana Jones could be like in Virtual Reality. Exploring a vast and treacherous temple using your own feet where not only balance would be an important factor, but being able to move around to dodge attacks and solve puzzles would also be key. But in order to be in this world, you needed the space of at least 2m x 2m. But that added to the fun of actually needing the space while being in the VR space of the game, which you can read more about in the review here. Now, it looks like the temple wants to challenge you with your speed with the newest update that includes the following:
- Three bite-sized challenges, with more to come – The new update initially comes with three speedrun challenges named “Into the Temple”, “To the Gorge” and “Creaking Gorge” which are unlocked by playing through the corresponding sections of the normal game. Additional challenges are scheduled for future updates
- A workout unlike any other VR game – Many VR games can give you a workout, but no other game will see you racing through a treacherous temple at the same time, using your own feet and body to navigate your way through
- Beat your personal best time or aim for the top – Feel the satisfaction of beating a challenge a little faster than you were able to before. You can also compare your times on the leaderboards with those of your Steam friends and everyone else playing
- Speedrun the full game – It has always been possible to speedrun the full game, but now this too has leaderboards integration, with separate boards for completing the game with the normal or the best ending. The current record-holder has completed a speedrun of the full game, which normally takes 4-5 hours to complete, in just 36 minutes
- Join the speedrunning community – Those in the speedrunning community, or those interested in joining it, can upload recorded videos of their runs on the game’s page on speedrun.com. There are boards for both the bite-sized challenges and the full game runs, including variants for completing runs with or without glitches
So do you think you can complete the challenges? Do you have the speed to succeed? Will your time be the best of the best? Find out with the free Speedrun Challenges update for Eye of the Temple out now on Steam VR.
Also, you can receive 20% off until May 4, 2022.
Until then…please enjoy…