Back in August of 2021, nDreams brought us the action, the blending of run and gun combat, while having the freedom and intuitive no-rails combat for PlayStation VR in a game called Fracked. In the game, you are stranded in a remote mountain facility, where you play a reluctant retired special forces operative turned hero forced into a final stand between the planet and a legion of interdimensional enemies. Whether on foot or on skis, or hanging by a helicopter, the action is action-packed and yours for the taking.
- Climbing, ziplining, reloading, and in-world interactions are all driven 1:1 by the player’s hands. We couldn’t do this using a traditional gamepad
- Skiing requires you to physically lean to steer and control. As with the rest of the game, it is integrated with the combat – we’ll be showing this in the weeks ahead
- We have nicknamed the combat “run and cover” gunplay because it mashes run and gun action with an innovative 1:1 grabbable cover system to create an all-new VR-only combat style. Not only does it play differently from what you’ve experienced before, it feels different too
- To maximize VR’s 360˚ potential and our free movement vision we have designed arena-style combat encounters that double down on verticality
- Whilst we have aimed for a new, stylish take on classic action cinema – think a 2021 version of Die Hard or Cliffhanger – below the surface there is a Robocop-style cutting-edge satire about corporate greed and the climate change emergency. If Paul Verhoeven made a VR game (which would be AMAZING), we don’t think it would be a million miles away from Fracked
Are you ready for the action? Can you handle what comes your way? Are you ready to get FRACKED? Find out when Fracked comes to Steam VR, and Viveport on May 5, 2022, the Oculus Store soon after, and is also available for PlayStation VR in both a Standard and Deluxe Edtion.
Until then…please enjoy…