The PlayStation VR2 is releasing on Wednesday, February 22, 2023, and a lot of players are excited. For those that preordered, you had two options, the base system that includes the headset and Sense controllers or the Horizon Call of the Mountain bundle. It looks like Guerrilla Games and Firesprite just released the launch trailer and all I can say is wow. In case you may not be aware, in the game you will be playing Ryas, a former Shadow Carja rebel who is sentenced to atone for his crimes by joining an expedition sent to investigate a new threat to the Sundom. During the adventure, Ryas will meet new and returning faces, including Aloy.
When the trailer starts and seeing the Thunderjaw looks awesome since this is all captured on the PS5, but what it doesn’t show you is the scale of what these machines will look like in Virtual Reality thanks to the power of the PS5 and PlayStation VR2. I can tell just how immersive Horizon Call of the Mountain is going to be and, like many of you, cannot wait for when we all finally get to step foot into this world as you feel what it is like to fire your bow to even interact with the environment. To be able to go down the river in 4K HDR and have the world around you come alive is going to be something we are all in for a treat.
- Play from a new perspective – experience the sensations of height and wonder as you take in stunning vistas across the Carja and Nora homelands through the eyes of the new character Ryas
- View the breathtaking natural world of Horizon in 360 degrees and interact with your surroundings using two PlayStation VR2 Sense controllers
- Enjoy immersive action – use intuitive movements to climb mountains, hunt machines, shoot your bow, and craft items from raw materials
- Brave a new adventure – enter a living, breathing world of dangerous machines, tribal lore, exciting quests, and new and returning characters
- Share the experience – feel the adrenaline rush on a riverboat ride filled with surprises, that offers the chance to show off PS VR2 to your friends and family
- 4K HDR display – Feast your eyes on vibrant, super-sharp 4K HDR visuals* that bring the beautiful world of Horizon into clear focus
- Headset feedback – Feel subtle, responsive headset vibrations at key moments during gameplay for a deep, immersive experience
- Tempest 3D AudioTech – Plug in your stereo headphones and pinpoint where noises are coming from with Tempest 3D AudioTech in enhanced, realistic soundscapes, as audio adapts dynamically to your position and head movements
- Finger touch detection – Interact with in-game items and environments in a natural and intuitive way. Even when you’re not physically pressing a button, finger touch detection recognizes how your hand is positioned, so the PlayStation®VR2 Sense™ controller can accurately replicate your hand movements
- Haptic feedback – Feel what it’s like to fire your bow, craft tools, touch different textures, and travel in different terrains through precise, distinct vibrations delivered via the PS VR2 Sense controllers
- Adaptive triggers – Experience varying levels of force and tension as you interact with gear and environments for a deep sense of immersion, such as when pulling back an increasingly tight bowstring. As well as the adaptive triggers, both PS VR2 Sense controllers also feature a “grip” button to grab in-game objects
We don’t have to wait much longer as PlayStation VR2 and Horizon Call of the Mountain are both released on February 22, 2023.
Until then…please enjoy…